Security Policy Validation
Uncover data security blindspots that leave you vulnerable to insider threat
Policy-based products require security practitioners to craft perfect detection rules. But this isn't easy or even possible. Research shows security professionals find the complexity of their tech stack to be as problematic as the complexity of threats.
Make policies too strict and you'll be flying blind to real threats. Make policies too simple and the alerts will drive you crazy. How do you know you're striking the right balance? It's important to have technologies in place that work differently in order to verify, validate and refine your defenses.
Incydr is a SaaS data risk detection and response product for insider threat. Its unique approach quickly uncovers data security blindspots so you can mitigate risk of data exposure and exfiltration.
- Incydr detects file sharing and exfiltration across computers, cloud and email through an agent and direct cloud and email integrations.
- Security products like DLP, CASB and UEBA only focus on a single dimension of risk, and only monitor what violates policy rules. These prevention policies can and do fail.
- By contrast, Incydr monitors and logs all file movement regardless of policy. This distinctive and complementary detection methodology allows you to validate the efficacy of other solutions and detect risk that is otherwise missed. This includes exfiltration of IP files, Shadow IT usage, and improper sharing from corporate cloud and email systems.
- Although Incydr can provide detail on everything it observes, it cuts out the noise to only alert you on events that require investigation. Incydr finds what matters most by correlating rich context across three dimensions of risk -- files, vectors and users.
- Incydr places files into categories like source code, presentations and spreadsheets. When suspicious activity is detected, Incydr also provides authorized security analysts with the ability to view the file's actual content and confirm it is in fact sensitive.
- Incydr provides you with an efficient way to compile, document and disseminate pertinent investigation details so can substantiate insider threat investigations and respond quickly. Whether that be through employee education, automated SOAR action, corrective conversation or legal action.
Resources related to Security Policy Validation
Ready to Get Started with Incydr?
Start effectively mitigating file exposure and exfiltration risks without disrupting collaboration.