WHAT TO EXPECT
The Incydr™ Proof Of Value Experience
All you need to know about Incydr’s free trial
Thinking about starting a Proof of Value (POV) of Incydr? We make it quick and easy to get set up and see the ROI. Here’s what to expect.
What to expect during the Incydr POV
Estimated time: 60 min
Your team members involved during kick-off include: Security Stakeholder, Desktop Deployment Engineer, Technical Decision Maker, Technical Sponsor
- POV experience overview
- Deploy agents to test machines
- Code42 team members involved during kick-off include: Account Executive (AE), Systems Engineer (SE), POV Deploy Services (PDS)
Test & Configure
Estimated time: 60-90 min
Your team members involved during Week 1 include: Technical Sponsor
- Deep-dive of Incydr detection, investigation & response capabilities
- Begin silent rollout
- Perform configurations, including trusted domains and alert rules
- Discussion: Risk Detection Lenses, verify use cases
- Code42 team members involved during Week 1 include: Account Executive (AE), Systems Engineer (SE), POV Deploy Services (PDS)
Review Use Cases
Estimated time: 60-90 min
Your team members involved during Week 2 include: Technical Sponsor
- Complete silent rollout
- Operationalize Risk Detection Lenses and cases
- Discussion: Refine trusted domains, validate use cases
- Code42 team members involved during Week 2 include: Account Executive (AE), Systems Engineer (SE), POV Deploy Services (PDS)
Discuss Preliminary Findings
Estimated time: 60-90 min
Your team members involved during Week 3 include: Technical Sponsor, Security Stakeholder
- Review Risk Detection findings
- Discussion: Current process and people pain points
- Code42 team members involved during Week 3 include: Account Executive (AE), Systems Engineer (SE)
Insider Risk Posture Review & Recommendations
Estimated time: 60 min
Your team members involved during Week 4 include: Technical Sponsor, Security Stakeholder, Technical Decision Maker, HR, Legal, IT
- Complete POV Experience
- Code42 to present Insider Risk Posture review and technical recommendations
- Code42 team members involved during Week 4 include: Account Executive (AE), Systems Engineer (SE), Code42 Executive
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to all of your Incydr questions
Incydr monitors exfiltration events across cloud services such as Dropbox and Google Drive, removable media, Airdrop, browsers, Git, and other applications such as Salesforce and Slack.
Incydr alerts are completely customizable and oftentimes tailored to your specific needs. If you need assistance, please contact your Systems Engineer. Some common alerts include:
Source Code Exfiltration
Unsanctioned Cloud Exfiltration
Compressed File Exfiltration
Sensitive Keyword Exfiltration
Code42 offers workflow automation services to connect Incydr with your Human Resource Information System (HRIS). This integration will automatically populate Incydr lenses with the employees who meet the lens criteria. You can also manually add users to lenses by following these steps.
Incydr integrates with a range of tools such as Splunk, Okta, and Google Drive. We also have a robust and easy to use rest-based API for tools not in our ecosystem.
We are able to pull Department, Title, Manager, and Location from your Identity Management provider. To learn more, take a look at our support article on provisioning user attributes to Code42. Additionally, users can automatically be added to Watchlists based on information such as departure date through Incydr Flow automation with HR systems, PAM and IAM.
Incydr offers a variety of roles and permissions to ensure administrators only have access to what they need to do their jobs. For example, you can choose the administrators who should have access to various features (such as the Risk Detection Lenses), and you can also control who is able to download and view file content from Forensic Search during an investigation. We recommend you assign roles and permissions based on your administration use cases. To find more information around the best role for your use case, please refer to this article. View this article for instructions on how to assign or remove a role. For assigning or removing roles from users, please refer to this article.
Incydr can be installed on Windows, macOS and Linux using your desktop management software. Once installed, Incydr begins to silently monitor and collect files. For more information, take a look at our support article on how to prepare to deploy a Code42 app.
Although results vary based on the above, we typically see 0-4% CPU and approximately 50MB of memory usage when the agent is in its steady state. Check out our Incydr Agent FAQs to learn more.
Check out our support article on Code42’s security architecture.
Take a look at our support article on how Code42 handles your subscription keys.
– Implementing an Insider Risk Management solution helps you comply with regulations governing who has access to what data — and when, where and how that data is exposed and/or exfiltrated. Here’s a document explaining how Incydr supports a variety of compliance standards.
– You can also rest assured that, as a company, Code42 utilizes industry standards and verification by independent auditors. We take a comprehensive approach to secure our products and solutions. Code42 maintains compliance certifications and attestations on our product and infrastructure to validate our robust security program. Additionally, Code42 ensures and monitors appropriate security assurance obligations. Learn more.
Can’t wait to see inside the product?
These how-to videos provide a sneak peak into the product features and how it
detects, investigates and responds to data exfiltration.
Incydr Full Feature Demo
How Incydr Prioritizes Data Risk
Detecting Departing Employee Data Exfiltration
Understanding Incydr’s Response Controls
Hear what others have to say
Gartner Peer Insights
Incydr sees all
“The ability to see where all our data is going is invaluable. Tracking where our documents go is an eye opener. Web-based emails, social media, zip files, renaming of files to obscure contents. This was exactly what we needed and since this is tied into our desktop backup system it was a no brainer to deploy this product.”Read Full Review
Easy to implement, configure, and use!
“Service and support has been excellent. Knowledge-base documentation is well written and clear. It’s very easy to find what I need quickly. Information is presented in the dashboard in a very clear way, making things super easy to understand. Professional services has been very helpful.”Read Full Review
One of the best tools I have experienced
“The tool gives amazing monitoring to the endpoint and tracks the activity related to the file movement. The Investigate and filter part is really impressive and useful to triage the alert further and take the required actions based on the activity. The most Advanced Feature is downloading the file in real-time and making solid evidence to prove yourself.”Read Full Review
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark, and PEER INSIGHTS, Gartner Peer Insights Logo, and the Gartner Peer Insights Customer First badge are trademarks and service marks, of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner Peer Insights content consists of the opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences, and should not be construed as statements of fact, nor do they represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in this content nor makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this content, about its accuracy or completeness, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The Gartner Peer Insights Customer First program constitutes an organization’s commitment to solicit reviews from its customers using programmatic sourcing strategies and best practices. They neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
Still have questions?
Our team is happy to explain our POV experience with you in more detail.Contact Us