Why 39,000 organizations trust us.
Obsessive data security. Because you expect nothing less.
We’re obsessed with the security of your data. The strongest encryption of data, both in transit and at rest, is just the start of what you get with our service.
You also expect that you’re in compliance with government regulations, that your data is safe no matter which storage location you choose, and that your software provider follows the strictest security policies for its own data.
We’ve been meeting those customer expectations since 2001. That’s why more than 39,000 businesses trust us with their data. Our customers include 7 of the world’s 10 largest technology companies and government agencies held to the highest standard of information privacy.
A Code42 guiding principle
Security is a guiding principle here at Code42, spanning personnel, hardware, software, policies and controls, physical security of our data centers, and verification by independent auditors. As a Code42 customer, here’s what you can expect us to do:
- Maintain end-to-end ownership of cloud stack software, server, storage, network, monitoring, and security components.
- Rigorously quality test platform and product code.
- Allow encryption keys to remain with you in cloud and on-premise deployments.
- Encrypt data at the source using AES 256-bit encryption and keep it encrypted in transit and at rest.
- Ensure backup files are tamper-proof; decryption occurs only via authorized customer access.
Code42 ensures and monitors appropriate ISO27001 certifications or SSAE16 attestations for its cloud data centers and is an ISO27001-certified organization.
Other organizations, such as managed service providers and resellers, may provide cloud storage using Code42 cloud hardware and software. The information on this page may not apply to the cloud data centers managed by those organizations. Please contact those organizations for information about the features of their cloud solutions.