Code42 and Okta Partner to Accelerate the Right Response During Insider Risk Investigations
Code42 Incydr and Okta Identity Cloud integration pairs access controls with insider risk best practices to improve organizations' data security risk postures
Minneapolis — Apr 6, 2021
Code42, the Insider Risk Management leader, today announced it has integrated its IncydrTM data risk detection and response product with Okta Identity Cloud, the leading user identity management solution. The integration combines Code42's unique data-centric strategy to insider risk with Okta's leading approach to identity and access, and provides security buyers with an easier way to build data security environments rooted in Zero Trust. Security teams can perform quicker, more accurate investigations as the integration automates access controls, delivers additional user-context and automates response workflows for departing or high-risk users.
"Today's distributed and remote workforces, enabled by the growth of collaboration technologies, have created exponential risk of data leaks, by shifting the perimeter from the network to the endpoint," said Ananth Appathurai, senior vice president of strategic partnerships and ecosystem at Code42. "The Code42-Okta integration delivers a powerful way to pair access controls with insider risk best practices to improve security postures."
Without proper access controls, data is at risk of being exfiltrated either intentionally or unintentionally. Through the integration, users who exhibit potentially risky file behavior can have their permissions lowered so they no longer have access to sensitive files. At the same time that permissions are restricted, a security investigation takes place to review questionable file movements so that right-sized response actions can be applied. This process allows Okta administrators and information security teams to accelerate and align cross-functional efforts in mitigating insider risk to their organizations.
"Identity plays an important role in knowing who is accessing data, and from where they're accessing it," said Stephen Lee, vice president, technical strategy and partnerships at Okta, Inc. "Okta's vision is to safely enable everyone to use any technology. This integration follows that line and will allow companies to use access controls as an effective mechanism for securing their data across their remote workforces."
Security teams using the Code42-Okta integration can leverage user identity to monitor high-risk users and optimize insider risk management platforms as well as:
- Reduce insider risk exposure by automating and applying conditional user access controls based on predefined risk tolerance.
- Provide additional user context by provisioning role-based user attributes to identify behavioral risk indicators, such as remote activity, off-hour file events and attempts to conceal exfiltration.
- Streamline and automate response workflows for departing and high-risk employees to speed investigations and effectively mitigate insider risk.
Additional Code42 Resources
- Learn more about Code42's technology integrations and partnerships and the Code42-Okta integration.
- Take a spin through an interactive demo of Incydr in our free sandbox environment.
- Visit code42.com to learn more about our award-winning Incydr data risk detection and response solution.
- Join the conversation with Code42 on our blog, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.