- One admin can support thousands of users
- No data/storage limits on backups
- You choose where your data goes—public or private cloud
- Cross-platform support—both backups and restores
- Easy scaling as needs grow
- Easy integration into existing infrastructure
- Flexible reporting and delivery options
- Minimal impact on users
- User-based licensing
- Easy license management
- Easy management of backup for any number of users
- Single dashboard console
- Centrally managed client upgrades
- Seamless user onboarding/offboarding
- Single dashboard console
- Fast time to protection
- Hands-off management of archives
- No more painstaking backup archive migrations
- Self-service data migrations by end users
- Self-managed archives
- Self-healing archives
- Tamper-proof archives
- Automatic alerts
- One solution for all platforms
- Cost savings thanks to built-in technology efficiencies
- Zero end user training needed
- Same technology powers the backup of millions of devices in our consumer cloud—you benefit from lessons learned in that real-world “test” environment
- Your users have already voted for us—Informationweek, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Lifehacker, The New York Times, Inc. and PC World have all named CrashPlan the top online backup solution for consumers
For End Users
Intuitive and Easy to Use
- Continuous, invisible, uninterrupted backup
- Consistent experience regardless of platform
- Simple, self-service data restore
- No training needed
- Mobile access to data
- Adjustable backup settings
- More choices about where and how backups take place
Enterprise Endpoint Backups and Restores
Back up data to multiple locations for the highest level of availability, convenience and protection.
Protect Mac, PC, and Linux platforms via a consistent user experience.
Upon backup activation, data is automatically encrypted on the device via 448-bit encryption before it is saved to a local backup device or transported across the LAN, WAN or Internet; data remains encrypted during transit and storage. Dual-factor authentication also is supported.
Block-level data de-duplication means only new/changed information within a file—not repeated information—is backed up.
With PROe, unlimited really means unlimited:
- No limits on storage
- No limits on file size
- No limits on versions
- No limits on archives
Customizable Backup Sets
Send different groups of files with different backup settings to different destinations. Users may select settings different from or in addition to content admins back up per IT policy.
Flexible File Selection and Schedules
Back up any type of file (unless otherwise specified by the administrator). Adjust backup settings to meet specific needs.
Default minimum frequency is one minute, but users and admins can adjust as needed.
Mobile Access to Data
Download, view and share PROe-protected files from any iOS, Android, Windows Phone or Kindle mobile device. Synchronize your favorite files via One-Touch Update.
Admin- and User-Initiated Restore
Users leverage Web Restore for self-restores, even from a mobile device. Admins use Push Restore to push protected data to a new or existing device.
A backup verification process checks the health of backup archives days, weeks, months and years after the original data blocks have been backed up, so any user or admin can recover backed up files based on date, time or incremental version. Users can easily search for specific files, and cross-platform restores are supported across any available network medium.
Use whichever connection is available—wireless, wired or cellular—for backups and restores. Whitelist or blacklist specific networks based on preferences.
Automated Data Seeding for Private Clouds
Simplify initial backups for private clouds, saving both time and bandwidth.
Invisible Client Footprint
Continue to work uninterrupted thanks to a lightweight client footprint and self-optimizing technology that steps out of the way when end user workloads are detected.
Enterprise Endpoint Backup Management
Unified Admin Console/HTML5 Interface
Manage backup for your entire enterprise — including policies, profiles and data retention — for all platforms, from a single console.
- Enforce data retention policies
- Ensure compliance
- Specify backup timing and security settings
And thanks to HTML5, the admin console looks just as great on your tablet as it does on your laptop or desktop.
Evaluation User Accounts
Bypass procurement delays to protect data for new users. Onboard users and start backing up their data, then just convert evaluation user accounts to active licenses within 30 days to continue protecting their data.
Tiered Administration and Customizable User Roles
Fine-tune profiles and settings to fit the way you manage and perform backup operations.
Conduct automated, mass rollouts to any desktop platform using popular desktop management suites, such as JAMF Casper Suite. Silent installs also are supported.
Controlled Client Upgrades
Upgrade production servers first, then manually test a small sample of client device upgrades before upgrading all client devices enterprise-wide.
Enterprise Identity Management
Integrate seamlessly with Open Directory or AD/LDAP, Radius for two-factor access authentication, and Shibboleth/SAML 2.0 for federated, cross-domain single sign-on (multiple integrations supported, including Ping Identity, Okta, ADFS and InCommon).
Daily Integrity Tests
Daily integrity tests verify protected files can be restored, with errors automatically detected and corrected. Automated alerts notify you of issues that cannot be corrected.
Real-Time, Customizable Reporting
No waiting for reports to run; get statistics or live data on backup status as it happens—rolled up for the entire enterprise—or easily drill down to individual users and devices. Develop customized reporting solutions using PROe’s REST API and our integration with Splunk Enterprise.
Automatic, Optimized Storage Management
Optimize storage and bandwidth across all storage volumes. Clusters and innovative mesh technology let you assign any combination of servers and storage volumes into automatically managed destinations.
- Data balancing automatically equalizes archive storage across servers and storage volumes
- I/O balancing assigns users to store points based on available I/O performance
- Smart assignment rules allow you to assign backup destinations for new devices
Proactive License Management
Receive proactive notifications of licenses needing a refresh via a console license screen displaying licensing by user counts and indicating required refresh dates.