Data Protection During Reorganizations
Keep data secure during organizational change and transition
Restructuring is a common organizational change, but reorgs put data at increased risk. When employees move to new teams or inherit additional job responsibilities, they gain access to new information and systems. Additionally, reorgs can generate new risk factors. Employees may become a flight risk if they dislike their new manager or job. They may also worry that restructuring will result in a layoff due to job redundancies.
To mitigate risk to data, companies should monitor file activity more closely during these times of transition.
Incydr is a SaaS data risk detection and response product that allows security teams to effectively mitigate file exposure and exfiltration risks without disrupting legitimate collaboration.
How can security protect data during reorgs and organizational changes?
- Incydr detects file sharing and exfiltration across computers, cloud and email through an agent and direct cloud and email integrations. This includes web browser uploads, cloud sync activity, file sharing, Airdrop, and use of removable media.
- It filters out the noise of harmless activity, like uploading files to a trusted domain. It prioritizes the risks that warrant deeper investigation by correlating rich context across three dimensions -- files, vectors and users. This comprehensive detail is integrated into alerts to speed your time to respond.
- Alerts can be configured for specific activity types or for groups of users, like impacted users who may be a flight risk.
- When activity is detected, you can view a user's profile to see activity in context. Profiles also display helpful user attribute information such as the employee's name, title, department and manager.
- With Incydr, you can efficiently document investigation evidence and respond to Insider Risk quickly, whether that be through employee education, automated SOAR action, corrective conversation or legal action.
RESOURCES RELATED TO Reorganizations
Ready to Get Started with Incydr?
Start effectively mitigating file exposure and exfiltration risks without disrupting collaboration.