Data Protection During Layoffs
Detect and respond to increased exfiltration activity during corporate layoffs
Layoffs increase the risk of data exfiltration events because they are often rumored before they're announced. Many will begin proactively searching for jobs because they fear for their financial security, and take corporate files they believe will help them while they're at it.
Additionally, layoffs result in many departing employees at once which is overwhelming for security teams who must ensure data remains protected. Not only are these departing employees more likely to take data with them when they leave, but they are more likely to be hurt and angry. Some may even wipe their computers clean and delete important work on their way out.
Incydr is a SaaS data risk detection and response product that allows security teams to effectively mitigate file exposure and exfiltration risks without disrupting legitimate collaboration.
How can security keep employees from taking data during a layoff?
- Incydr detects file sharing and exfiltration across computers, cloud and email through an agent and direct cloud and email integrations. This includes web browser uploads, cloud sync activity, file sharing, Airdrop, and use of removable media.
- It filters out the noise of harmless activity, like uploading files to a trusted domain. It prioritizes the risks that warrant deeper investigation by correlating rich context across three dimensions -- files, vectors and users.
- Incydr can integrate with HR, ticketing or other systems to programmatically add impacted users to the risk detection lens for departing employees. This allows security to receive alerts on risky file movement that takes place during the layoff.
- When activity is detected, you can view a user's profile to see activity in context. Profiles also display helpful user attribute information such as the employee's name, title, department and manager.
- Incydr enables you to compile and disseminate investigation details quickly and take a right-sized response, whether that be through employee education, automated SOAR action, corrective conversation or legal action. If a user deletes important files or wipes their device, Incydr allows you to quickly recover their data.
Ready to Get Started with Incydr?
Start effectively mitigating file exposure and exfiltration risks without disrupting collaboration.