Code 42 Software Inc., developers of award-winning onsite, offsite and online backup solutions for consumers, businesses and the enterprise, today announced the release of CrashPlan PROe 3, its updated enterprise backup solution. Featuring new hybrid architecture, dynamic data balancing, secure mobile access with one-touch update, and powerful new management and deployment tools, PROe 3 enables enterprises greater levels of security, flexibility and efficiency with their data backup.
CrashPlan PROe 3’s hybrid architecture seamlessly supports both public and private cloud storage across multiple physical locations. Its automatic data balancing insures optimum use of available storage and bandwidth within and between servers and data centers. When new storage capacity is added to any node anywhere in the system it is automatically incorporated and balanced effortlessly.
Tying everything together, PROe 3's new administration console and dashboard provides a real-time view of the entire system, and makes it easier to administer every aspect of the backups, whether there are 200 users or 200,000. It shows at a glance the overall health, storage utilization, bandwidth usage, and enables administrators to drill down for an unprecedented level of detail and control, all in real-time, from any browser.
"With CrashPlan PROe 3, we've taken backup from being merely data protection, to actually being a productivity enhancement for the enterprise,” said Matthew Dornquast, founder and CEO, Code 42 Software. "Individual users will love the secure mobile access, administrators will love the real-time dashboard and management tools, and CIOs will love the security and low total cost of ownership (TCO)."
Additional key enhancements in CrashPlan PROe 3 include:
- New mobile apps for Apple iOS, Android or Windows Phone. Users can now have secure access to all their data from anywhere. The mobile apps feature one-touch update and the same industry-leading security as the PROe desktop applications.
- Backup sets, which make it easy to specify different groups of files and folders to be backed up on different schedules and/or to different destinations.
- Enhanced network controls allow users or administrators to exclude certain networks from being used for backup. This is ideal for avoiding the use of costly or limited networks when traveling.
- New power controls to automatically pause backups when a laptop's battery reaches a certain level.
- Support for multiple LDAP servers simplifies deployment to even the largest enterprises.
CrashPlan PROe 3 is available immediately. New users can download a 30-day free trial. Existing CrashPlan PROe users will receive upgrade details directly from the Code 42 Professional Services department.