Code42 Highlights Cybersecurity Research that Reveals Organizations Feel Most Ill-Equipped to Detect Insider Attacks as well as Develop and Test Applications
Hosts live webinar with CyberEdge Group to recap results from the 2019 Cyberthreat Defense Report
Minneapolis — May 8, 2019
Code42, the leader in next-gen data loss protection, announced that it will co-host a complimentary live webinar entitled, "Insider Threat: Still an Unsolved Challenge." The webinar is co-presented by the CyberEdge Group, a leading research and marketing firm serving the security industry and authors of the 2019 Cyberthreat Defense Report. The report surveyed 1,200 IT and security decision-makers across 17 countries and 19 industries for their opinions about cyberthreats and their plans to defend against them. The webinar will be held on Thursday, May 9 from 1:00-1:45 p.m. CDT and is open for registration.
The webinar will highlight key findings from the report, including:
- The percentage of mid-sized organizations (88 percent) affected by a successful cyberattack increased slightly from last year.
- Nearly two-thirds (65 percent) of IT and security professionals believe a successful cyberattack is imminent in 2019.
- More organizations fell victim to ransomware than last year and more paid the ransom (45 percent), but only 61 percent of those that paid recovered their data.
- Organizations feel most ill-equipped to detect insider attacks as well as develop and test applications.
- Security continues to consume a larger portion (13 percent) of overall IT budgets.
Following the webinar, attendees will receive a complimentary copy of the 2019 Cyberthreat Defense Report as well as an infographic and executive summary of key results. For more data security insights from Code42, read the company's blog or watch on-demand webinars on a range of cybersecurity topics, including security best practices and insider threat detection strategies.