Code42 Pledges Support for Racial Justice, Equity and Inclusion
Minneapolis — Jun 4, 2020
Code42, the leader in insider risk detection, investigation and response, releases the following statement addressing the issue of racism and systemic inequities.
"At Code42, we are heartbroken over another senseless death of an unarmed person of color at the hands of law enforcement. As a society, we must acknowledge the daily and systemic racism that black people have experienced in America for almost 400 years. To stay silent is to be complicit. We want to engage in the conversation and hear the voices from people of color, women, the LGBTQ community and people of all beliefs. At Code42, we are committed to a regular dialogue with these communities.
"As many protesters have impassionedly stated, we need meaningful, systemic change. This crisis gives us the determination to try harder and take action now."
In addition to lending our voice to those directly affected by racism, Code42 plans to take the following steps:
- Set concrete goals for a more equitable organization with a workforce that more closely reflects the demographics of the communities where our offices are located. We also want to ensure those team members have a voice that is heard.
- Hire an expert in inclusion to counsel us on how to make our culture more inclusive for historically oppressed people.
- Ask each employee to devote half of their volunteer time off (VTO) days per year to support communities of color.
- Raise additional funds through the Code42 Foundation to support the immediate needs of the Black community in Minneapolis as the city is rebuilt. Created in 2016, the foundation's mission is to disrupt the systems that perpetuate inequities, to maximize opportunities for communities that have historically lacked equal opportunities, and for every person to be accepted as a whole human.
- Engage in the conversation about race on an ongoing basis through quarterly company meetings and identify ways we can do better for the under-represented and under-privileged in our organization.
"While this isn't an exhaustive list, we can hold ourselves accountable and measure against these initial commitments over the next year. At Code42, we believe in the relentless pursuit of better in all that we do — so expect us to demand more from our company and ourselves as time passes. We are committed to leaving the world a better place."
About The Code42 Foundation
The Code42 Foundation distributes funds to organizations whose mission is to address systemic inequities and strive to make lasting, impactful change. A mission of the Code42 Foundation is to end racial inequity. Donations to the foundation are tax-deductible and can be made using the instructions found here. Contributions are processed by the Minneapolis Foundation, which administers the Code42 Foundation Fund.