Code42 Highlights Findings from its 2018 Data Exposure Report During Live Webinar
Research reveals 72 percent of CEOs lift corporate IP from former employers and other data security realities
Minneapolis — Aug 9, 2018
Code42, a leading data security company, today announced that it will host a live, complimentary webinar, featuring the findings of its recently released 2018 Data Exposure Report. The research reveals surprising truths about how human behavior drives data security vulnerabilities despite the billions companies spend on data loss prevention. Ideal for IT and security leaders and analysts, the webinar, "Data Security Disconnects: 2018 Data Exposure Report," will be hosted by Code42 Vice President of Product Marketing Mark Wojtasiak. Registration for the webinar, which takes place Wednesday, Aug. 15, from 1-1:30 p.m. CDT, is now open.
During the webinar, Wojtasiak will talk about risky data security practices in the C-suite, data visibility challenges, cryptocurrency stockpiling and why prevention-only data security strategies are no longer enough. Research highlights include:
- Almost three-quarters (72 percent) of CEOs admit they’ve taken valuable intellectual property from a former employer. Yet 78 percent of CEOs agree that ideas, in the form of IP, are still the most precious asset in the enterprise.
- While 80 percent of CISOs agree that "you cannot protect what you cannot see," business leaders think otherwise. The majority of business leaders (82 percent) believe that IT can protect data they cannot see.
- Among CISOs, 64 percent believe their company will have a public breach in the next 12 months, which has led nearly 73 percent of CISOs to stockpile cryptocurrency to pay cybercriminals.
- Three-quarters of CISOs (75 percent) and 74 percent of CEOs believe their security strategies need to change from prevention-only to prevention-and recovery-driven security.
The Code42 2018 Data Exposure Report includes feedback from nearly 1,700 security, IT and business leaders from the U.S., U.K. and Germany. For more educational content on data security best practices, Code42 offers a variety of on-demand webinars, including:
- Move Forward Faster: Accelerating Incident Response with Forensic File Search
- Spot Risk Sooner: User Behavior Study Reveals Gaping Holes in InfoSec
- Be Prepared: GDPR 72-Hour Breach Notification Rule