Code 42 Software Expands Endpoint Backup Solution’s Ease-of-Use
New CrashPlan capabilities expand ease-of-use for both end users and admins; enable single-point upgrades for private clouds and support additional enterprise authentication technologies, including Shibboleth
Minneapolis — Nov 5, 2012
Code 42 Software Inc., developers of award-winning, private and public cloud-based endpoint backup solutions for consumers, businesses and the enterprise, today announced at Cloud Expo West 2012 expanded capabilities for its entire family of CrashPlan endpoint backup solutions. This new version of CrashPlan expands the company’s recognized dedication to ease-of-use by both end users and data backup administrators, and provides powerful new enterprise functionality for managing private clouds.
“Code 42 is committed to giving enterprise administrators the private cloud management capabilities they demand,” said Matthew Dornquast, chief executive officer, Code 42 Software. “Our new functionalities make our solution unique and give admins what we believe is the best private cloud management solution on the market today. In addition, a key differentiator of all our CrashPlan offerings is our ability to support a variety of platforms – Mac or Windows, Linux or Solaris. We give users the powerful, trusted backup solutions they need, on the platforms they want to use; and Windows 8 upgraders will be happy to know that CrashPlan is already fully compatible.”
Available today are a variety of additional capabilities for Code 42’s enterprise solution CrashPlan PROe which extend the solution’s ease-of-use for administrators, such as:
- Single-point upgrades of private clouds – With this new version comes automatic upgrade functionality for storage servers, which makes managing private clouds easier and less time-consuming. Once all servers are individually upgraded to the current version, administrators can upgrade their entire private cloud with a single-point upgrade for future releases.
- Support for Security Assertion Markup Language 2.0 (SAML 2.0) – This version of the SAML OASIS standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between security domains enables web-based authentication and authorization scenarios including single sign-on (SSO). Organizations utilizing SAML 2.0-based SSO technologies (such as Shibboleth) can now integrate CrashPlan PROe with those systems, which simplifies the authentication process by delegating all authorization to the organization’s identity provider.
CrashPlan PROe is lauded by global organizations such as Google, Adobe, Netflix, LinkedIn and Salesforce.com for its reliability, performance and invisible nature. In addition to its new capabilities, PROe gives the enterprise:
- Continuous, silent backup – Works quietly, continuously in the background to unobtrusively protect data according to admin or user settings.
- Self-service restore – When a restore is required, users can initiate it themselves – with only a few clicks – and without needing IT intervention.
- End-to-end security – Encrypts data on the device and again during transit, and keeps it encrypted during data storage.
- Flexible data storage options – Offers both public and private cloud data storage across multiple physical locations via a hybrid architecture.
- Superb performance – Innovative compression and multi-threading technologies provide superior performance; a byte-level differential only transmits and stores new information.
- Dynamic data balancing – Provides optimum use of available storage and bandwidth within and between servers and data centers.
- Easy monitoring and administration – Gives admins a real-time view of the entire system and an easy way to control every aspect of the backups – whether for 200 users or two million – via an intuitive admin dashboard and console.
- Easy, trusted access to data while on-the-go – Gives users secure access to all their data from anywhere via mobile apps for Apple iOS, Android or Windows Phone; apps feature one-touch update and the same industry-leading security as the PROe desktop applications.
- Customizable backup sets – Provides an easy way to back up different groups of files and folders on different schedules and/or to different destinations.
Code 42 Software will demonstrate CrashPlan PROe at Cloud Expo West 2012 this week, Nov. 5-8, 2012, in Santa Clara, Calif. Also during the event, Code 42 senior enterprise engineer Andrew Renz will outline how to leverage a variety of cloud backup strategies to confidently secure enterprise information while meeting corporate security and/or compliance mandates. Renz’s conference session – “Backup Strategies to the Cloud” – takes place Nov. 5 from 5:10-5:55 p.m. PST. For more information about or to register for Cloud Expo West 2012, visit www.cloudcomputingexpo.com.