Like many other businesses, Code42 has been looking for ways to help as this pandemic sweeps across the world. Many of our customers have asked their employees to work from home, which has put an incredible amount of stress on IT and security organizations.
The Remote Employee Challenge
For the last two weeks, our team has been designing and building a view into the potential data loss that may be happening as a result of the massive change in how people are working. Our goal was to give more visibility to security teams who have trouble detecting when employees — intentionally or accidentally — put data at risk while using collaboration tools off network. That’s why we’re offering this new capability to enterprise companies for 60 days at no cost. It’s a small gesture in the scheme of things, but we hope it helps.
Seeing Where Data Lives and Moves
At a time when so much data activity is happening off network, what security teams had visibility to last week is invisible this week. Face it, employees will do what they need to do to get their jobs done. They will upload files to Dropbox or Box. They may email business files to their personal email so they can work from their home computer. Or they might go old-school and copy work data to a USB thumb drive. This is bound to happen as employees settle in to working from their home offices.
So how can our new work-from-home view help your security and IT teams? They’ll be able to:
- Pinpoint remote employees who take the biggest risks with files.
- Detect unauthorized use of Dropbox, iCloud, Box, OneDrive and Google Drive.
- Provide an organization-wide view of browser upload activity, including attachments to personal email, and uploads to personal cloud sync systems.
- Alert security teams to users with risky file activity based on file type, count and size.
- Offer historical user activity profiles to speed insider threat investigations.
The Offer Details
Our offer is open to enterprise companies while they work through this new “normal.” To start using our new work-from-home view for 60 days at no cost, visit code42.com/workfromhome or contact a Code42 Customer Success Manager if you are a current enterprise customer.