Last month the Insider Risk Summit™ team announced the return of the Insider Risk Summit on Sept. 14-15. Today, the hosts of the summit – Code42, Exabeam, LogRhythm, Optiv, Securonix, Signpost Six and SumoLogic – are announcing the event’s headlining keynote speaker, Chris Krebs.
Krebs is a luminary in the infosec community who most recently served as the first director of the federal Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), where he was famously fired via tweet for being too good at his job. Today, Krebs serves as a founding partner of the Krebs Stamos Group. In his keynote, he will discuss the challenges of securing sensitive intellectual property while enabling collaboration and prioritizing and scoping risk.
The Insider Risk Summit will bring together a community of security leaders and practitioners to address the escalating severity and impact of IP theft and data leaks at the hands of malicious, negligent and careless employees and users. Managing insider risk is a challenge made even more urgent in today’s highly-collaborative, cloud-enabled, borderless work environment where data is digital and on the move every day. During the two-day virtual event, attendees will explore new strategies for detecting and mitigating insider threats to data, holistically shifting organizational thinking about insider risk, and building a security-aware culture without standing in the way of employee productivity.
“The simple truth is that over 60% of employees admit that they took data from their last job specifically to help them in their current job. With millions of workers – equating to about 40% of employees – planning to switch jobs as we emerge from the pandemic, we expect corporate data to be acutely at risk during the coming months,” said Joe Payne, Code42 president and CEO. “The Insider Risk Summit is the best venue for the security community to hone their skills and networks to prepare for addressing the growing insider risk problem. We are thrilled that Chris Krebs will be sharing his unique insights with us during the Insider Risk Summit.”
Insider Risk Summit Featured Speakers
In addition to Krebs, the line-up of speakers for the Insider Risk Summit includes top tier cybersecurity and Insider Risk Management experts from consulting and research organizations as well as leading security and technology companies. The speakers will outline key takeaways from lessons learned during the past year as well as how to establish long-term, proactive strategies for managing Insider Risk. The Insider Risk Summit also will host insider risk practitioners who will share case studies on how they detect, investigate and respond to insider risk incidents. Some of the event’s featured speakers include:
- Dr. Chase Cunningham, chief strategy officer for Ericom Software and retired Navy Chief Cryptologist, an influencer and evangelist for Zero Trust security models.
- Paul Furtado, senior director analyst for Gartner®, who is responsible for providing insights into cybersecurity as it pertains to the midsize CIO.
- John Kindervag, group fellow and senior vice president of cybersecurity strategy at ON2IT Cybersecurity, known as the creator of Zero Trust.
- Joe Payne, president and CEO of Code42, an executive leader of high-growth security and technology companies with a passion for identifying and solving emerging market needs, and co-author of the book Inside Jobs: Why Insider Risk is the Biggest Cyber Threat You Can’t Ignore.
- Elsine van Os, founder and CEO of Signpost Six, a thought leader on insider risk with an educational and professional background in psychology and intelligence, and security.
Additional speaker announcements will be made in the lead-up to the conference.
Insider Risk Summit attendees will have opportunities for networking, taking in product demos, hosting 1:1 meetings or attending educational sessions and discussions. This year again, the event expects to draw over 2,000 security professionals, including:
- C-suite executives focused on Information security, security, risk and compliance (CISO, CSO, CRO, CCO)
- Security architects rethinking the security stack in the context of Zero Trust and SASE
- Insider Risk, insider threat or insider trust functional leaders
- Incident responders and security analysts
- HR and legal professionals involved in internal investigations and IP litigations
To register and learn more about the Insider Risk Summit, visit insiderrisksummit.com.
Earn CPE Credits
The Insider Risk Summit is an annual event held every September during Insider Threat Awareness month. Security practitioners attending the summit are eligible to earn CPE credits.
About the Insider Risk Community
Bringing together global practitioners, thought leaders and industry experts, the annual Insider Risk Summit provides a forum for CISOs, security practitioners, business leaders and industry experts to meet, learn, interact and share best practices in the Insider Risk Management (IRM) space.
The Insider Risk Summit is more than just one moment in time – it is a community of organizations and security professionals that understand collaboration, productivity and enablement of users while meeting data security challenges.
Now Streaming: Code42 Live
This spring, Code42 launched Code42 Live – a series of live community discussion events to help solve the problem of insider risk. Recent guests have included Samantha Humphries and Chris Tillett from Exabeam, Elsine Van Os from Signpost Six, an Insider Risk Summit 2021 speaker, and Edward Amoroso from TAG Cyber.
To learn more and join the discussion, tune in for the next Code42 Live on August 10 for a conversation with Deloitte on what a mature Insider Risk Management program looks like.