MediaBeacon Partners with Code42 to Develop Digital Asset Management Solution Featuring Cloud-Based Enterprise Endpoint Backup
New, enterprise-level R3wind solution securely backs up digital assets to the cloud; works seamlessly with existing R3volution digital asset management system
(Minneapolis – Sep. 16, 2013) – Code42, developers of award-winning, private and public cloud-based endpoint backup solutions for consumers, businesses and the enterprise, and MediaBeacon Inc., an award-winning, enterprise digital asset management (DAM) solutions provider, today announced the companies have partnered to develop MediaBeacon R3wind, a new DAM solution featuring Code42’s cloud-based enterprise endpoint backup platform.
Available immediately, MediaBeacon R3wind enables enterprises to easily back up entire DAM libraries to a public or private cloud, roll back metadata changes, and restore digital asset volumes or individual assets. R3wind works seamlessly with MediaBeacon’s existing R3volution digital asset manager.
“Secure backup added to MediaBeacon’s management of digital assets is an obvious win for our users,” said Jason Bright, president and founder of MediaBeacon. “MediaBeacon R3wind powered by CrashPlan will give current and future users secure, integrated backup combined with MediaBeacon’s power to manage and search across an enterprise. CrashPlan fills a need that MediaBeacon sees across much of our user base.”
The CrashPlan-powered MediaBeacon R3wind solution offers:
- Private or public cloud data storage—Allows customers to choose the control of a private cloud or the global, on-demand access of Code42’s public cloud.
- Flexible file selection and schedules—Enables users to back up any file type and customize settings to meet specific needs.
- Block-level data de-duplication—Ensures only new or changed information within a file is backed up.
- Guaranteed restores—Includes continual backup verification and the ability to search, access and restore files based on date, time or incremental version; cross-platform restores also supported.
- Real-time reporting—Features a user-driven interface with live data on backup status and usage.
- End-to-end security—Automatically encrypts data (448-bit encryption) on the device upon backup activation and keeps data encrypted during transit and storage; dual-factor authentication also is supported.
“It’s great to partner with another pioneering Minneapolis tech company—and one with the best digital asset management technology around,” said Matthew Dornquast, co-founder and chief executive officer of Code42. “The combined R3wind/CrashPlan solution empowers enterprises to both organize and protect their critical digital assets. With the fear of data loss risk alleviated, enterprises instead can focus on putting those digital assets to work.”
MediaBeacon is an award-winning enterprise digital asset management solutions provider. MediaBeacon's intuitive and highly personalizable, widget-based solutions allow organizations to find, organize, convert, track and distribute digital media across the enterprise and globally. Millions of files. Thousands of users. Sophisticated workspaces. Complete solutions are available for organizations in many industries, including Media and Entertainment, Print and Publishing, Retail, Manufacturing, Government and Academia. Visit www.mediabeacon.com for more information.