UX Researcher Creative | Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Code42 is an enterprise SaaS company that develops intuitive, optimized technology to securely protect and manage the world's information. Top-name brands and large organizations including P&G, Harvard University, Genentech/Roche and NASA entrust their data to our industry-leading, award-winning CrashPlan endpoint backup and SharePlan file sync/share technology.
Do you have a drive for finding out why people do the things they do with websites and how those sites could be improved? Are you passionate about solving complex design challenges and finding the best ways to deliver elegant, delightful, and impactful user experiences? If so, then we need you to join the Creative Team at Code42 as a UX Researcher!
What You'll be Doing
We want design and user experience to be at the forefront of everything we do. As a UX Researcher you will lead critical UX projects focused on understanding how people interact with our public-facing websites and content. You will investigate who our users are, how they interact with us, why they do what they do, and return actionable insights. You will strive to scale research as an integrated discipline, work with teams to define hypothesis and success metrics, and conduct whatever research is necessary to ensure we achieve those measures. And you will be passionate about transforming and continuously improving our public facing websites into intuitive, accessible, and easy to-use-experiences for millions of people around the world.
You’ll Be Responsible For
You will work closely with design, marketing, product management, and other teams to ensure we are making informed, data-driven decisions to deliver on business goals and tech requirements while also delivering on great end user experiences.
You will use a variety of research methods to understand users and their needs such as usability studies, device testing, surveys, website behavioral tracking, A/B testing, site benchmarking, focus groups, and analyzing data like site traffic and conversion metrics through Google Analytics.
You’ll work to evangelize research findings and provide recommendations to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
Skills and Requirements
- At least 3 years serving as a UXD, IxD, IA or equivalent for interactive web/applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Interaction Design, HCI, or related field
- Strong knowledge of user experience design, information architecture, interaction design, website development methodology
- Ability to communicate your process, define and measure success metrics, and distill key issues from usability tests to implement practical solutions
- Flexibility and agility to iterate or change design recommendations based on external feedback
- An ability and desire to output clear communicative documentation for use in development
- An innate understanding of human-computer interaction and user flow
- Passion for design and great user experience
- Works well in a collaborative team environment but can also work independently
- A life-long learner capable of self-direction with a continuous eye for improving your craft
- Be able to provide guidance and direction to help designers and developers achieve business goals
- Proven experience with integrating usability research findings into designs
- Previous experience in a dynamic start-up, high growth environment is a plus
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.