Tier 2 Technical Support Agent Support | Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Code42 is an enterprise SaaS company that develops intuitive, optimized technology to securely protect and manage the world's information. Top-name brands and large organizations including P&G, Harvard University, Genentech/Roche and NASA entrust their data to our industry-leading, award-winning CrashPlan endpoint backup and SharePlan file sync/share technology.
Support is in your blood, because you get a rush out of helping people. Whether answering a general "How do I...?" or doing a complex log dive, it's all the same to you. With your strong computers and technology background you're in The Zone working with Z Shell or talking LDAP and OSX. When it comes to explaining complex technical issues in a way anyone can understand, you have no equal. It doesn't matter whether you're addressing a problem with a customer or untangling an internal process: you jump on the chance to make it all better. Embracing your inner geek and armed with your technical prowess, you're ready to join us in our mission to be the best support organization on the planet.
What You'll be Doing
You are the interface between Code42 and the rest of the world, so you are instrumental in building good rapport with and being an advocate for the customer. You will be transforming confusion into comprehension... fear into fandom. Working as part of a highly focused team, you will be managing chat, email and phone calls in a high volume environment. You will be doing a lot of writing, too. Clear, step-by-step, instructions with tact and discretion. You will also be working to streamline internal processes while dealing with an ever-increasing work load as Code42's growth explodes. It's a high stress environment, but you are up for it because the rewards are worth it!
You'll Be Responsible For
- Taking charge of internal processes and driving change
- Efficiently answering customer questions using Zendesk (our internal ticketing system)
- Finding problems and following them through to conclusion
- Facilitating customer communication, education and retention
- Managing a large number of disparate customer issues
- Helping coworkers when asked and taking the initiative to reach out to coworkers when you think you have something to contribute
- Directing and developing your own professional skill
- Providing general product information, configuration support, collection of relevant technical problem identification information, and filter non-technical problems from technical problems
- Performing thorough analysis of varied log and system files within various Code42 products
- Testing patch releases prior to their distribution to our customers
- Staying on the cusp of the latest and greatest technologies, as well as staying current with changes in Code42 products and processes
- Recreating, tracking, and verifying software defects in the field or under lab conditions reported by customers
- Reviewing manuals, release notes, and patch documentation for possible issue resolution
- Providing feedback from customers to product management and engineering teams
- Utilizing remote secure access technologies to diagnose and resolve customer issues
- Assuming ownership of projects as assigned by manager
- Meeting Service Level Agreements
Skills and Requirements
How you got here isn't as important as what you know and how you share that knowledge, but you will need the following to succeed as a Tier 2 Technical Support Agent at Code42:
- Proven record of offering consistently superior levels of customer service
- The ability to make decisions on your own, and consult with team leaders as needed
- Fluent in at least 2 of the following: Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Solid understanding of networking and computer hardware
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- A warm personality, work well with co-workers, and are kind and patient with customers.
- An enthusiasm for learning
- The ability to think calmly and rationally during a crisis
- Added technical skill for in-depth troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to communicate with high technical knowledge and efficiency
- Takes a self-directed leadership role in the support and resolution of technical issue
- 4 year college degree preferably in a technical field with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.