Technical Writer / Localization Specialist Documentation | Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Code42 is an enterprise SaaS company that develops intuitive, optimized technology to securely protect and manage the world's information. Top-name brands and large organizations including P&G, Harvard University, Genentech/Roche and NASA entrust their data to our industry-leading, award-winning CrashPlan endpoint backup and SharePlan file sync/share technology.
What You’ll Be Doing
Code42 is looking for an experienced, self-motivated, professional team player to join us in changing people's minds about self-service product help. We demand product help that our customers are eager to use, going beyond clear, concise and complete, to facilitate frictionless flow throughout the entire user experience.
This is a blended role. In addition to writing, you will manage localization efforts, providing the foundations for Code42 to grow our International presence in the consumer, small business, and enterprise spaces by driving localization efforts for existing and new products. You will work closely with the business and Product Management to define the scope and timing of new localization efforts. You will drive those efforts to completion, working with key people in marketing, engineering, legal, quality assurance, logistics, documentation, and training.
This is a full-time (non-contract) position and you’ll be working on-site at our Minneapolis headquarters.
You’ll Be Responsible For
- Delivering technical documentation that is accurate, comprehensive, clear, searchable, and that customers trust
- Continuously improving content in response to feedback from customers and colleagues
- Updating documentation to keep current with frequent software changes
- Routinely applying obsessive attention to detail and organization in all aspects of work: from warehousing information to organizing ideas in articles to adhering to style and organizational standards
- Keeping the customer needs and perspective paramount in all content
Localization Project Management
- Delivering high-quality content and software localization for Code42's suite of products
- Working with Product Management and the business to define localization requirements for core and developing markets
- Driving all aspects of project management for ongoing localization projects
- Recommend and drive process improvement in the areas of Internationalization best practices, localizability testing, and overall business aspects of globalization (ROI, standard metrics, budget)
- Tracking project budgets and cost for all resources
Skills And Requirements
- 2+ years writing for customer-facing applications
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development and localization/translation process
- Experience working with software documentation style guides and creating or contributing to team style guides
- Self-motivated and driven individual with proven ability to deliver in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proven record managing and meeting deadlines for multiple projects involving external resources
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Consistently demonstrate a professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Strong analytical and business process skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent English grammar skills with proficiency in proofreading/editing, writing, and verbal communication
- Ability to transform ambiguity into clarity
- Keen risk mitigation skills
- Excellent creative problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal negotiation skills with ability to recommend solutions to all levels of management
- Formal background in linguistics
- Experience working as a translator
- Experience working in Agile or other iterative software development environments
- Pragmatic Marketing certification
- PMP, Six Sigma or other project management certifications
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.