Software Engineer, Platform, Windows Engineering | Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Code42 is an enterprise SaaS company that develops intuitive, optimized technology to securely protect and manage the world's information. Top-name brands and large organizations including P&G, Harvard University, Genentech/Roche and NASA entrust their data to our industry-leading, award-winning CrashPlan endpoint backup and SharePlan file sync/share technology.
You’re a Windows wizard, emitting remarkable engineering powers from your fingertips. But what’s most remarkable is your ability to spread your expertise into a myriad of directions, from coding to integrating the newest innovations to brainstorming. And besides a wizard’s proficiency in Windows, you’ve got a strong desire to learn. Well, this is your lucky day. We’ve been seeking a magic user of your caliber for some time.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work on enhancements and expansion of current products as well as participate in the development of new products and technologies.
- Though you’ll be expected to pitch in throughout the code base, you’ll be focused on developing top-notch WPF and Windows Phone applications that will be released to a large public and corporate audience.
You’ll Be Responsible For
- Actively contributing ideas for product improvements and solutions to technology challenges.
- Showing a passion for continued learning, staying abreast of new technology and trends.
- Delivering clean code supporting consistent user experience and product quality.
- Working closely with front-end developers and product managers on the enhancement and development of Code42 products.
Skills And Requirements
- Engineering experience on the Microsoft software stack.
- Windows development experience using WPF or Silverlight and Windows Phone.
- Strong understanding of C# (or C++) and the .NET platform.
- Experienced with OO design patterns including MVC, MVVM, and MVP, and Dependency Injection.
- Familiar with TDD, NUnit, MSBuild, and agile development practices.
- Excellent project management skills; in other words, be self-directed and capable of working effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, and the ability to facilitate your own meetings as necessary. Thrive on interaction with your team.
- Confident enough to contribute ideas and solutions, but humble and self-assured enough to honor “Best Idea Wins” and support the ideas of others.
- Be collaborative, eager and fun.
We’ll Be Especially Impressed If You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Expert WPF including animations, transitions, styles and data templates.
- Experience with C++.
- Experience with installers.
- Understanding of git, mercurial, or another DVCS preferred.
- Understanding of .NET internals including the CLR, LINQ, and parallel programming.
- Microsoft Certified Developer.
- Resumes and cover letters are great, but we're much bigger fans of real world examples and work that you can or may have already done. You will immediately get our attention if you add any of the following to your resume/cover letter when you contact us.
- If you contribute to open source; make sure to include your github/bitbucket profile and/or Google code projects.
- Bonus points for telling us what excites you about wanting to work at Code42.
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.