Software Engineer, Platform, Android Engineering | Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Code42 is an enterprise SaaS company that develops intuitive, optimized technology to securely protect and manage the world's information. Top-name brands and large organizations including P&G, Harvard University, Genentech/Roche and NASA entrust their data to our industry-leading, award-winning CrashPlan endpoint backup and SharePlan file sync/share technology.
Are you a backend/server developer who is interested in mobile, or a mobile application developer looking for bigger challenges? Are you interested in building highly performing, distributed systems that power Code 42’s products?
At Code42 there's much more to our mobile apps than the beautiful UX we display. Under the hood there's serious tech. Our Android solution is a full-featured platform, on par with our desktop solutions, but squeezed into a mobile device. We're pushing the boundaries of mobile applications and devices they run on. We make meaningful software, entrusted with protecting the world’s data. We work in a collaborative environment where ideas for product improvements and contributions aren’t just welcomed and encouraged, but expected. Our efforts extend out to the local technology community. We host and sponsor numerous technology user groups and are actively involved in technology-focused community service.
What You'll Be Doing
- Actively contributing to the Code42 platform, powering the products used by millions of our consumer and enterprise customers.
- Working on challenging, new engineering efforts - not maintenance of legacy systems.
- Involved in design, development, testing, research, prototyping, benchmarking...you will be engineering.
Skills and Requirements
You are someone:
- With over 5 years of software development experience
- With a deep knowledge of java and the jvm or dalvikvm
- With an applied understanding of OO design
- Who writes clean, performant, and well-tested code
- With experience writing scalable multi-threaded code
- With an understanding of common data-structures and their performance characteristics
- Who has experience using and programming with databases
- Who is comfortable working with Eclipse, Ant, or Gradle
- Who has a good mind for edge cases
- Who is strong enough to lead and humble enough to follow – supporting “Best Idea Wins” and ideas of others
- Who shows a passion for continued learning, staying abreast of new technology and trends
You might be someone:
- With experience in Android development
- With experience using Protocol Buffers, thrift, or another binary messaging protocol
- Who understands networking protocols and security
- Who can read and review Objective C and/or C#
- With experience scripting in Ruby/Python/Bash
- Who may have a Bachelor’s degree
- Who is comfortable with Git or Mercurial
- Who is active in our local tech community
We’ll Be Especially Impressed If You
- Include your Github/BitBucket profile and/or Google code projects
- Tell us what excites you about wanting to work at Code42
- Include real world examples of work you have done
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.