Quality Assurance Engineer, Senior QA | Minneapolis
What You'll be Doing
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will help ensure the satisfaction of our users by demonstrating that existing and new products meet the highest standards of security, reliability, user-friendliness, and speed. You’ll do this by planning, executing and automating valid, efficient testing strategies for all areas of Code42, suggesting improvements to the Code42 testing practices and by mentoring junior QA staff.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working with developers and product managers to verify functional and non-functional requirements through manual and automated testing.
- Writing and executing test plans for existing and new products.
- Communicating test results and status to all members of the project team.
- Building frameworks for automated testing.
- Writing and executing manual and automated tests.
- Ensuring that project teams follow Code42 quality processes, and that those processes enhance product quality.
Skills and Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or other application field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience as an individual contributor to SQA in an agile environment
- 2+ years experience with test automation frameworks such as QuickTest Pro, Selenium, or Sikuli
- 2+ years of automated test writing or scripting
- Strong organizational skills: ability to complete multiple tasks under tight and competing schedules
- Strong technical and analytic skills; ability to understand complex systems and design tests around integration and interface points
- Ability to create test plans and test cases against fast-moving requirements
- Experience testing complex multi-tier software systems from UI through database
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, both technical and non-technical.
- Flexibility and grace under pressure
- Experience with backup/restore systems
- Authentication/Authorization (Active Directory, LDAP)
- Security (encryption, keys, RADIUS, single sign-on)
- Experience mentoring junior staff members.
- Experience administrating Linux, Windows or Mac OS X servers.
- Experience with configuring complex test environments in QA lab settings
- Experience with stress and load testing of multi-tier applications
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.