Quality Assurance Analyst, Senior QA | Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Code42 develops intuitive, optimized technology to securely manage and protect the world's data. Our industry-leading, award-winning CrashPlan backup solutions manage exabytes of data across millions of devices and for some of the largest organizations in the world.
What You’ll be Doing
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will help ensure the satisfaction of our users by demonstrating that existing and new products meet the highest standards of security, reliability, user-friendliness, and speed. Your tasks will include designing and building our test automation infrastructure, planning, executing and automating valid, efficient testing strategies for all areas of Code 42 software, suggesting improvements to the Code 42 testing practices and by mentoring junior QA staff.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building frameworks for automated testing.
- Writing and executing automated and manual tests.
- Working with developers and product managers to verify functional and non-functional requirements through automated and manual testing.
- Writing and executing test plans for existing and new products.
- Communicating test results and status to all members of the project team.
- Ensuring that project teams follow Code42 quality processes, and that those processes enhance product quality.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or other application field or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years experience as an individual contributor to SQA in an agile environment.
- 3+ years experience writing automated tests using Java, Ruby, Python or other languages.
- 2+ years building test automation frameworks environment.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to complete multiple tasks under tight and competing schedules.
- Strong technical and analytic skills; ability to understand complex systems and design tests around integration and interface points.
- Ability to create test plans and test cases against fast-moving requirements.
- Experience testing complex multi-tier software systems from UI through database.
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical cross functional teams.
- Flexibility and grace under pressure.
We’ll Be Especially Impressed If You Have
- Experience building continuous integration frameworks with Jenkins, Hudson or similar CI tools.
- Experience using automation frameworks such as QuickTest Pro, Selenium, or Sikuli.
- Experience with backup/restore systems.
- Professional software development with Java, C#, Ruby or other object-oriented languages.
- Authentication/Authorization (Active Directory, LDAP).
- Security (encryption, keys, RADIUS, single sign-on).
- Experience mentoring junior staff members.
- Experience administrating Linux, Windows or Mac OS X servers.
- Experience with configuring complex test environments in QA lab settings.
- Experience with stress and load testing of multi-tier applications.
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.