Quality Assurance Analyst QA | Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
What You'll be Doing
As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will help ensure the satisfaction of our users by demonstrating that existing and new products meet the highest standards of security, reliability, user-friendliness, and speed. You’ll do this by writing and executing tests for all areas of Code42 software, by building appropriate test environments, and by suggesting improvements to the Code42 testing practice.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Executing smoke, regression, and functional tests of Code42 releases
- Improving existing Code42 test cases
- Writing new test cases based on test plans
- Building and managing test environments in the QA lab
Skills and Requirements
At least two years of training and experience in Quality Assurance, software development or customer support. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or other applicable field recommended but not required.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to complete multiple tasks under tight and competing schedules
- Ability to effectively communicate detailed testing status to developers and QA team
- Ability to evaluate test cases against requirements
- Ability to write detailed, step-by-step test cases from high-level test plans
- Fanatical attention to detail, yet able to understand software as a system
- Familiar with QA best practices: isolating variables, detecting patterns, taking unexpected paths
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience testing/supporting complex multi-tier software systems from UI through database
- Experience with issue tracking systems (Jira, Bugzilla, StarTeam, Zendesk, etc.)
- Experience with CrashPlan client and server or other file management systems
- Experience configuring CrashPlan or other file management systems on Windows, Linux and MacOS
- 2-5 years experience in formal or informal Quality Assurance
- Test case automation with Selenium, Sikuli, Quick Test Pro or other automation tools
- Experience building and managing complex virtual machine installations
- Linux command line
- Authentication/Authorization (Active Directory, LDAP)
- Working knowledge of OS and file systems
- Security (encryption, keys, RADIUS, single sign-on)
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.