Microsoft Windows Developer, Senior Engineering | Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Weary from simply executing someone else's vision? Hungry for the opportunity share your ideas in an open environment and be inspired by the creativity and ingenuity of others? The engineering environment at Code42 is collaborative space where ideas for product improvements and contributions aren't just welcomed and encouraged, but expected.
Code42 makes meaningful software, entrusted with protecting the world's data. We work on cutting edge technology to handle data and communication from desktops, laptops, and mobile devices from around the globe.
In addition to the contributions you will make to our products, Code42 is serious about nurturing and contributing to the local technology community. We host and sponsor numerous technology user groups and are actively involved in technology-focused community service.
What You'll be Doing
We're currently looking for a creative and accomplished developer with a penchant for UI development. Though you'll be expected to pitch in throughout the code base, you'll be focused on developing top-notch WPF and Windows Phone applications that will be released to a large public and corporate audience.
You'll Be Responsible For
- Actively contributing ideas for product improvements and solutions to technology challenges
- Showing a passion for continued learning, staying abreast of new technology and trends
- Delivering clean code supporting consistent user experience and product quality
Skills and Requirements
- Be collaborative, eager, and fun.
- Write well, communicate ideas clearly, and thrive on interaction with your team.
- Be an expert at something in the .NET stack. Write clean, concise, and efficient code.
- Exposure to agile development tools including TDD, and MSBuild (or equivalent)
- Confident enough to contribute ideas and solutions, but humble and self-assured enough to honor “Best Idea Wins” and support the ideas of others
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
- High degree of competency in WPF (or Silverlight) and Windows Phone.
- Expert WPF including animations, transitions, styles, and data templates
- Experience with C++
- Experience with installers
- Understanding of git, mercurial, or another DVCS preferred.
Want to impress us?
Resumes and cover letters are great, but we're much bigger fans of real world examples and work that you can or may have already done. You will immediately get our attention if you add any of the following to your resume/cover letter when you contact us.
- If you contribute to open source, make sure to include your github/bitbucket profile and/or Google Code projects.
- Bonus points for telling us what excites you about wanting to work at Code 42.
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.