Java Engineer, Senior Engineering | Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Weary from simply executing someone else’s vision? Hungry for the opportunity share your ideas in an open environment and be inspired by the creativity and ingenuity of others? The engineering environment at Code42 is collaborative space where ideas for product improvements and contributions aren’t just welcomed and encouraged, but expected.
Code42 makes meaningful software, entrusted with protecting the world’s data. We work on cutting edge technology to handle data and communication from desktops, laptops, and mobile devices from around the globe.
In addition to the contributions you will make to our products, Code42 is serious about nurturing and contributing to the local technology community. We host and sponsor numerous technology user groups and are actively involved in technology-focused community service.
What You'll be Doing
As a Java Engineer you will work on enhancements and expansion of current products as well as participate in the development of new products and technologies.
Senior level developers will provide leadership by solving complex problems with elegant solutions as well as mentoring junior engineers.
Some senior level positions will also include android development.
You'll Be Responsible For
- Working closely with front-end developers and product managers on the enhancement and development of Code42 products
- Actively contributing ideas for product improvements and solutions to technology challenges
- Showing a passion for continued learning, staying abreast of new technology and trends
- Delivering clean code supporting consistent user experience and product quality
Skills and Requirements
- 5 or more years of development experience
- Must have expert level Java development skills plus experience in two of the following: C++, C#, Python, Ruby, Groovy, or other
- Experience with the following:
- Web: Servlets, REST, AJAX/JSON/SPA
- Database: Postgresql, Mysql, Oracle, Cassandra, BigTable, CouchDB, MongoDB
- ORM: Hibernate, Cayenne, or other ORM solution
- Tools: Eclipse, ANT, JUnit, Git
- Experience with distributed computing such as DHTs and MapReduce
- Lucene experience a plus
- Excellent project management skills; in other words, be self-directed and capable of working effectively in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills, and the ability to facilitate your own meetings as necessary
- Confident enough to contribute ideas and solutions, but humble and self-assured enough to honor “Best Idea Wins” and support the ideas of others
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- LOCAL (Minnesota, Twin Cities, Metro area) candidates only
Want to Impress Us?
Resumes and cover letters are great, but we're much bigger fans of real world examples and work that you can or may have already done. You will immediately get our attention if you add any of the following to your resume/cover letter when you contact us.
- If you contribute to open source; make sure to include your github/bitbucket profile and/or google code projects.
- Bonus points for telling us what excites you about wanting to work at Code42
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.