Financial Analyst Finance | Minneapolis, MN, USA
Reporting to the Director of Finance and working closely with other members of the Finance and Accounting team, this Financial Analyst will be responsible for performing financial analysis on operating results and business plans.
Whether executing a routine task or untangling a complicated matter, you are an enthusiastic problem-solver that is confident in not only owning, but in constantly improving your function.
Candidates for this role should be self motivated, have excellent problem solving, analytical, and project management skills, demonstrate an unwavering focus on delivering exceptional service, and be comfortable in an environment of change.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As part of the finance team, you will be creating financial models and performing analysis for internal customers. You will be responsible for supporting the business initiatives for select set of individual departments by providing financial insight and expertise. The financial analyst will serve as the point of contact for select departments and provide financial insight to assist with strategic decision-making. You will also be working to streamline internal processes while dealing with an ever-increasing workload as Code42’s growth continues to explode. It’s a fast-moving environment and requires a strong level of comfort with a dynamic pace.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Creating financial models to assist strategic decision making
- Analyzing departmental financial statements
- Supporting the Senior Financial Analyst in preparing monthly projections and assisting in the annual budgeting process
- Providing analytical explanation of actual to budget variances for select departments
- Contributing to the development of corporate and department strategic plans by providing financial plans and projections to ensure that the organization achieves its financial targets
- Assisting management regarding appropriate corrective financial action in relation to their departments.
- Assisting with development and implementation of internal business tools including assessment and review of software solutions
- Assisting with monthly closing processes including posting monthly journal entries, analysis of financial statements, and other procedures as required.
- Initiating and developing processes that improve the financial success of Code 42 Software
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Four-year Accounting degree (B.A. /B.S.) required
- CPA or advance degree considered a plus
- Detailed understanding of GAAP
- Demonstrated communication, customer service and analytical skills
- Detailed understanding of accounting guidelines for software revenue recognition a plus
- 3-5 years Financial Analysis experience, preferably within a high-growth or technology organization
- Experience working with financial systems; Intacct preferred
- Foundational understanding of profits and loss of financial results
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Superior commitment to service, both with internal clients and with managing vendor relationships
- Strong problem solving skills and follow through
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated history of honesty and professionalism
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.