Cloud Support Administrator Support | Minneapolis, MN, USA
Support is in your blood, because you get a rush out of helping people. Whether answering a general "How do I...?" or doing a complex log dive, it's all the same to you. With your strong computer and technology background, you're in The Zone working with Z Shell, writing scripts, or talking LDAP and Linux.It doesn't matter whether you're addressing a problem with systems, a customer, or untangling an internal process: you jump on the chance to make it all better. Embracing your inner geek and armed with your technical prowess, you're ready to join us in our mission to be the best support organization on the planet.
If you are a systems admin or a support agent with Linux cred who thrives in an intense, technical culture, this is a unique opportunity to join our Enterprise Cloud Management team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- You are the interface between the Code42 Customer Champion and Cloud Operations teams as well as the interface between Code42 and our largest enterprise customers. You are instrumental in building good rapport with and being an advocate for the Code42 cloud and customers.
- Transform confusion into comprehension... fear into fandom. Working as part of a highly focused team, you will resolve cloud operational issues and as needed and will reach out to our Enterprise customers to keep them delighted. Manage systems, email, and phone calls in a high volume environment. You will also work to streamline and improve the ECM team's processes and tasks while dealing with an ever-increasing workload as Code42's growth explodes. It's a high stress environment, but you are up for it because the rewards are worth it!
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Monitoring the Code42 cloud, appliance hardware, network health, and the CrashPlan PROe Application
- Maintaining the Code42 cloud through parts replacement, appliance changes, and application interaction
- Efficiently answering questions via phone, ticketing system, e-mail, and internal systems
- Facilitating internal and external customer communication, education, and retention
- Working cross functionally with other parts of the company, especially Cloud Operations, Enterprise Support, PRO Services, Sales, and Logistics
- Performing thorough analysis of log and system files within Code42 products and appliances as well as within customer environments
- Recreating, tracking, and verifying software defects in the field or under lab conditions reported by customers
- Reviewing manuals, release notes, and patch documentation for possible issue resolution.
- Providing feedback from customers to product management and engineering teams
- Utilizing secure access technologies to diagnose and resolve both cloud and customer issues
- Assuming ownership of projects as assigned by manager
- Meeting Service Level Agreements
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- This position will require “flex shift” hours such as those covering weekend day(s) and potentially weekend and weekday evenings (varies by available shifts)
- This position may require rotational on call availability.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex UNIX/Linux, OS X, Windows, and Solaris server performance, file system (local and remote such as NFS, iSCSI, CIFS, NAS, or SAN), networking, architecture, and application related issues via shell, systems, tools, and operating system commands
- Large scale UNIX/Linux and Windows server management experience.
- TCP/IP and Network experience in large network environments
- Experience with AD/LDAP
- Ability to recognize, decipher, and modify UNIX/Linux shell scripts. Including those used for runlevels and cron
- Ability to write custom scripts from scratch (shell, Python, PHP, Perl, or similar)
- Ability to troubleshoot/configure custom installers
- Ability to write custom SQL queries
- Ability to recognize and decipher Java application errors and code
- Ability to modify or write Java application code is a plus
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.