Cloud Engineer Cloud Operations | Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Code42 develops intuitive, optimized technology to securely manage and protect the world’s data. Our industry-leading, award-winning CrashPlan backup solutions manage exabytes of data across millions of devices and for some of the largest organizations in the world.
Maybe you are a veteran Linux admin with serious programming chops? Or maybe you’re a programmer with a passion for low-level Linux problems? Knowledgeable, thorough and obsessively efficient, you permeate a fluid boundary between ‘development’ and ‘operations’... ‘DevOps’. With a deep disdain for anything inefficient, slow or that requires manual intervention, you'd rather write a script to automate a task than perform something more than once.
If you thrive in an intense, technical culture that is poised to dominate the market, this your opportunity to join our Cloud Engineering team.
What You’ll be Doing
- Designing, building and managing our global high performance exascale cloud
- Developing the next generation of cloud-based storage hardware and software
You’ll Be Responsible For
- Automating life-cycle management of exascale clusters, networks and everything in-between
- Adhering to FIPS and PCI security compliance in accordance with standards, policies and procedures
- Complex software/hardware troubleshooting, patches and re-installations
- Developing and communicating new technology standards and best practices as appropriate
- Contributing as part of a team of super engineers building the next generation exascale cloud technologies
Skills and Requirements
- Comp Sci/Engineering degree (or equivalent experience)
- Career-proven aptitude for working with cutting edge open source technologies
- Programming ninja (bash, JAVA, C, PERL, Python, PHP, RUBY, whatever works best for you)
- Large scale UNIX/Linux server management experience. Preferably Ubuntu, Gentoo, FreeBSD or OS/X
- Consistently demonstrating a professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Desire to replace one's self with code
We’ll Be Especially Impressed If You Have
- Experience with cloud computing philosophies and tools like Salt or Puppet
- Experience using a monitoring framework such as Zabbix or Nagios
- Large-scale experience with Internet routing/load balancing, BGP, DNS, ARIN, etc.
- Experience with hardware and software RAID technologies
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.