Business Intelligence Engineer Engineering | Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Code42 develops intuitive, optimized technology to securely manage and protect the world's data. Our industry-leading, award-winning CrashPlan backup solutions manage exabytes of data across millions of devices and for some of the largest organizations in the world.
We are looking for an engineer that can interpret and analyze data to help decision makers formulate data-driven solutions. As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will also make a difference in our customer's world, by developing and supporting the technologies that give them access easily to their data. You have the opportunity to help create, build, and execute a vision within Code42.
What You’ll be Doing
- Building an enterprise data warehouse which will be used to support business initiatives
- Support product development life cycles through data modeling, reporting, and analytics
- Design, develop, and maintain ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc.
- Build dynamic dashboards using customizations, visualizations, and innovative, new features
- Help create and support BI development standards and best practices
- Analyze, visualize, and provide analytics of data captured to help build solutions
- Collaborate with business users to better understand their needs and deliver complete reporting solutions
Skills and Requirements
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 or more years of business intelligence and data warehouse experience
- Experience managing projects
- Expertise around database programming and performance tuning techniques
- Knowledge of data warehousing principles
- Experience with PostgreSQL 9.X
- Experience with ETL and RDBMS
- Ability to interpret business requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and data presentation skills
- Willingness to take initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities
We’ll Be Especially Impressed If You Have
- Experience with any of the following: Klipfolio, GoodData, Tableau, or similar
- Experience with Ruby programming language
- Experience with statistical analysis and tools, such as ‘R’
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.