Apple Developer, Junior Engineering | Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Code42 makes meaningful software, entrusted with protecting the world’s data. We work on cutting edge technology to handle data and communication from desktops, laptops, and mobile devices from around the globe.
In addition to the contributions you will make to our products, Code42 is serious about nurturing and contributing to the local technology community. We host and sponsor numerous technology user groups and are actively involved in technology-focused community service.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Junior Apple Developer, you will develop software with Cocoa and Objective-C for both OS X and iOS. You’ll work on enhancements and expansion of our current products, as well as participate in the development of new products and technologies.
Code42 uses the latest Apple technologies on both iOS and OS X including Core Data, GCD, a highly optimized network I/O stack, deep OS X system integration, and the latest user interface frameworks in both Cocoa on OS X and Cocoa Touch on iOS. As a Junior Apple Developer, you’ll have the opportunity to both learn and dive deep into many areas of the Apple software stack.
You'll Be Responsible For
- Working closely with engineers on the enhancement and development of Code42 products for OS X and iOS
- Showing a passion for continued learning, staying abreast of new technology and trends
- Actively contributing ideas for product improvements and solutions to technology challenges
- Delivering clean, well documented code supporting consistent user experience and product quality
Skills and Requirements
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field, or at least 2 years of software development experience
- Development skills in C, C++, or Objective-C
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a deadline-driven environment
- Self confidence, willingness to ask questions and take initiative
- LOCAL (Minnesota, twin cities metro area) candidates only
Resumes and cover letters are great, but we're much bigger fans of real world examples and work that you may have already done. You will immediately get our attention if you add any of the following to your resume/cover letter when you contact us.
- If you contribute to open source; make sure to include your github/bitbucket profile or google code projects
- Share why you are interested in working at Code42
All employees are responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Code 42 Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.